M.Eng. FAQs

Below you will find a list and links to external to BME Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you have any additional questions not listed here, contact Graduate Student Services Coordinator Belinda Whisman.

Cornell BME M.Eng. FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Click to Open

Where do I access the application to apply?

Click to Open

Even though the M.Eng. programs are not supported by the Graduate School, everyone applying to Cornell’s graduate programs apply through the same process:

Apply Web Portal

Do I need to send an official transcript?

Click to Open

The official transcript is NOT needed unless you are admitted into one of our graduate programs. You are required to upload an unofficial transcript with your application. 

Do you accept transfer students?

Click to Open

Yes. Transfer students must apply online through the Cornell University Graduate School.

Is there a minimum GRE, GPA and TOEFL/IELTS requirement?

Click to Open

There is no minimum GPA. We carefully consider your complete application including statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, past experience and outreach activities.

GRE and Subject GREs were eliminated permanently during the start of the 2019-2020 academic year.

Please review the requirements and submitting scores for the TOEFL and IELTS for admission provided by the M.Eng. Programs.

How do I apply and what are the deadlines?

Click to Open

Applications to the M.Eng. program are accepted on a rolling basis for both spring and fall admission. For domestic students, it is difficult to consider an application submitted later than November 1 for spring admission and May 31st for fall admission.

Is it necessary to have a car/personal vehicle to get around campus and Ithaca?

Click to Open

It is not necessary, as many apartments are in walking/biking distance, and Cornell/Ithaca offers an excellent bus system to and from campus. In addition, ride-share systems are available. Nonetheless, a car may be recommended for students who live further outside (e.g., in Dryden or Lansing), as bus services may be more limited there. Note that while on-campus parking permits are expensive, most on-campus parking lots are open (free of charge) after 5pm on weekdays, and all-day on weekends.

Whom do I contact for more information?

Click to Open

Please contact the BME Graduate Student Office at:

Cornell University
Meinig School of Biomedical Engineering
121A Weill Hall
Ithaca NY 14853-5201
t: 607 255-2573
f: 607 255-7330
e: biomedgrad@cornell.edu

Application Fee Waivers

Click to Open

Application fee waivers are available for applicants who are faced with extreme financial hardship. Please contact Belinda Whisman for further information.

Is a writing sample required?

Click to Open

No, we do not require a writing sample but a statement of purpose and personal statement are required during the application process.