The richness of Cornell’s scientific community is enhanced by the presence of interdisciplinary centers, institutes, laboratories, and programs in which members come together from across the campus to collaborate on research, teaching, and outreach. These collaborative partnerships allow faculty members and their students to share facilities, equipment, ideas, and inspiration.
BME Research Centers and Facilities
The campus is home to more than 100 other interdisciplinary centers, institutes, laboratories, and programs that support faculty research and enhance graduate and undergraduate education. The research units listed here are of particular interest to the biomedical engineering community; for a complete listing, visit the Office of the Vice Provost for Research.
- Cornell Center For Advanced Computing
- Cornell Center on the Physics of Cancer Metabolism (PSOC)
- Cornell MacCHESS (Macromolecular X-ray science at the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source)
- Cornell Magnetic Resonance Imaging Facility
- Cornell NanoScale Science & Technology Facility (CNF)
- Cornell Neurotech
- Cornell Stem Cell Modeling and Phenotyping Core
- Institute for Biotechnology and Life Science Technologies
- Kevin M. McGovern Family Center for Venture Development in the Life Sciences
- Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology Facility
BME Educational Facilities