2019 Merrill Presidential Scholars Carol Hung and Sara Keshavjee honor Meinig School Profs. Nozomi Nishimura and Iwijn DeVlaminck as an inspirational Cornell faculty members at spring luncheon. Read more about Merrill scholars honor their mentoring teachers, professors
The De Vlaminck lab’s research is focused on the development of precision and genomic medicine technologies for microbiology and immunology and the application of these technologies in the monitoring of infectious and immune-related disease.
For regularly updated information, visit the De Vlaminck Lab website pages:
Visit our lab website for more information about our current research projects.
For a full list of publications, visit our research website.
- Mridusmita Saikia, Philip Burnham, Sara H. Keshavjee, Michael F. Z. Wang, Pablo Moral-Lopez, Meleana M. Hinchman, Charles G. Danko, John S. L. Parker, Iwijn De Vlaminck. "Simultaneous multiplexed amplicon sequencing and transcriptome profiling in single cells " Nature Methods (2018).
- Philip Burnham, Darshana Dadhania, Michael Heyang, Fanny Chen, Manikkam Suthanthiran, John Richard Lee, Iwijn De Vlaminck, "Urinary cell-free DNA is a versatile analyte for monitoring infections of the urinary tract" Nature Communications (2018).
- Burnham, P., M. S. Kim, S. Agbor-Enoh, H. Luikart, H. A. Valantine, K. K. Khush, Iwijn De Vlaminck. 2015."Single-stranded DNA library preparation uncovers the origin and diversity of ultrashort cell-free DNA in plasma." Scientific Reports.
- De Vlaminck, Iwijn, Kiran K. Khush, Calvin Strehl, Helen Luikart Bitika Kohli, Norma F. Neff, Jennifer Okamoto, Thomas M. Snyder, David N. Cornfield, Mark R. Nicolls, David Weill, Daniel Bernstein, Hannah A. Valantine, Stephen R. Quake. 2013."Temporal response of the human virome in response to immune modulation and antiviral therapy." Cell 155(1178): 1178-1187.
- De Vlaminck, Iwijn, Hannah A. Valentine, Thomas M. Snyder, Calvin Strehl, Cohen Garrett, Helen Luikart, Norma E. Neff, Jennifer Okamoto, Daniel Bernstein, Dana Weisshaar, Stephen R. Quake, Kiran K Khush. 2014."Circulating Cell-Free DNA Enables Noninvasive Diagnosis of Heart Transplant Rejection." Science Transitional Medicine 6(241): 241ra77.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Rainin Foundation Synergy award 2019
- Robert '55 and Vanne '57 Cowie Excellence in Teaching Award 2017
- NIH Director's New Innovator Award 2017
- Robert N. Noyce Assistant Professorship in Life Science and Technology 2015
- B.S. (Electronic Engineering), K.U. Leuven, 2000
- M.S. (Electronic Engineering), K.U. Leuven, 2003
- Ph.D. (Science and Engineering), K.U. Leuven, 2008
In the News
Meinig School Assistant Professor will research Cell-free DNA as a non-invasive test of inflammatory bowel diseases Read more about De Vlaminck receives Rainin Foundation Award