NSF-funded science communication module takes “Magic of Optics” to the public. Read more about Students present optics activities at local science museum
Meinig School students honored with 2022 annual diversity awards
Each year Cornell’s Diversity Programs in Engineering (DPE) office recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate students, student organizations, faculty and staff through its Annual Awards. Additionally, with support from industry partners, DPE presents corporate awards and scholarships to students.
Congratulations to the following Meinig School students recognized with awards in 2022:
- Jeremiah James (Ph.D. student), Honorable mention, First Year Graduate Student of the Year
- Jason (Chang) Marvin (Ph.D. student), Zellman Warhaft Graduate Student Award
- Rick Zirkel (Ph.D. student), CU Empower Outstanding Peer Mentor Award
- Nancy Uribe (Ph.D. student), Ephrahim Garcia Graduate Excellence in Mentoring Awards
Corporate Awards & Scholarships
- Chanelle Moise ’23, Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) scholarship
- Barakat Abdul ‘24, Diversity Scholar Award
- Ave Kludze ‘23, Diversity Scholar Award
Cornell’s Diversity Programs in Engineering (DPE) office is responsible for fostering a vision of diversity appreciation reflective of the College of Engineering's strategic plan, which enables members from all backgrounds and cultures to thrive and succeed at Cornell University. Award recipients were selected via a nomination process that provided qualitative examples of their deeds and efforts within the Engineering community and/or across Cornell.