Dr. Shalu Suri is a lecturer in Biomedical Engineering. She designs and teaches undergraduate and graduate level courses. Until Fall 2015, she also had a joint appointment as a research associate in the Sibley school of mechanical engineering. Her research interests include biomaterials, tissue engineering, stem cell engineering and microfluidics. Before coming to Cornell, Dr. Suri was a post doc at Georgia Tech working with Profs. Hang Lu, Andres Garcia, and Todd McDevitt. Dr. Suri received her Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin working with Prof. Christine Schmidt.
- Suri, Shalu. 2015. "Screening and baseline analysis of circulating tumor cell (CTC) counts and androgen receptor (AR) localization with clinical characteristics of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mcrpc) in TAXYNERGY." Paper presented at European Cancer Congress, September 25.
- Suri, Shalu. 2015. "Baseline analysis of circulating tumor cell (CTC) enumeration and androgen receptor (AR) localization in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mcrpc) in TAXYNERGY." Paper presented at ASCO Annual Meeting, May 29.
- Suri, Shalu, S. M. Lehman, S. Selvam. 2015. "In vivo fluorescence imaging of biomaterial-associated inflammation and infection in a minimally invasive fashion." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 103 (1): 76-83.
- Singh, A., Shalu Suri, T. Lee, J. M. Chilton, M. Cooke, J. Fu, S. Stice, H. Lu, T. C. Mcdevitt, A. J. Garcia. 2013. "Adhesive signature based label-free isolation of human induced pluripotent stem cells." Nature methods 10 (5): 438:44.
- Suri, Shalu, A. Singh, AH Nguyen, AM Bratt-Leal, T. C. McDevitt, H. Lu. 2013. "Microfluidic-based patterning of embryonic stem cells for in vitro development studies." Lab on a chip 13: 4617-24.
Selected Awards and Honors
- James and Mary Tien Excellence in Teaching Award 2018
- Annual Acta Student Award for the outstanding research publication "Photopatterned collagen-hyaluronic acid interpenetrating polymer network hydrogels", making major contribution the field of tissue engineering (Acta Biomaterialia) 2009
- STAR Award (Society for Biomaterials) 2006
- Bajpai Saha Award for Best Paper Presentation (15th Annual Conference on Biomaterials and Artificial Organs) 2005
- MHRD-GATE Scholarship for outstanding achievements in academics (Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India) 2003
- BS (Biology), Kanpur University, 2001
- MS (Biochemistry), Kanpur University, 2003
- MS (Biomedical Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2005
- Ph D University of Texas at Austin, 2010